The Google Checkout online payments allow you to add two types of buttons. You can simply go to the Add Content menu and select the Online Payments application. The green rectangles that appear on the page will indicate where you can place your button. Once you add the application, the properties window will open.
Note: Google Checkout is only available to US and UK merchants. US Google Checkout merchants must have a US bank account and US address. You can find out more on Google Checkout's about page.
You have to select Google Checkout for the Button Type and then you can chose the specific button from the following options:
The Buy Now
Button allows your customers to purchase one item at a time. You can insert the Item Name
, Item Description
, Price & Currency
and your Google Checkout Merchant ID
Add to Cart
The Add to Cart button allows your customers to select several items for purchase by adding them to their cart. Insert the Item Name, Price & Currency and your Google Checkout Merchant ID to be used during the purchase.
To load more settings, turn the Advanced Options on
at the bottom right corner of the properties window.
The Advanced Options include:
- Align at: Option to align the button to the left, right or center;
- Shipping Tax: Option to add a fee for the shipping of the item(s);
- You have several Button Options:
- Hide cart if empty: Option to hide the cart if no items have been chosen;
- Quantity option: By enabling this setting your customers will be able to specify the quantity of items they want to purchase;
- Item type option, with unique price per type: This option lets your customers differentiate among type of items, and set specific price for each type. For instance, a T-shirt can have several type options that change the price, such as several sizes. A T-shirt of size XXL can cost more than a T-shirt of size S. The item types with their prices will appear in drop-down menus next to the button. See in the screenshot above how the item type option with unique price per type appears on the page;
- Additional type option(available only for Add to cart buttons): This option gives additional types for visitors to choose from, that do not change the price, e.g. different colors ;
- Custom Button Image: Google Checkout button's properties allow you to upload a custom image for your button. You can use a file from your computer or an URL address for the image.