|Media Library || |
The Media Library application lets you add a file download section to your pages, through which users can search and download files from a file library. Just go to Control Panel > Applications and add the Media Library application to your account. Once you've done this, the application will appear in the Add Content menu. The Media Library element is added to a page in the same manner as any other content element. Simply select the Media Library from the Add Content menu and click on a green area of the page to apply the element wherever you want it to appear.
Once you choose a position on the page and apply the element, the properties for the Media Library application will open:
- Library Name: This name will be used only internally.
- Header Title: Title of the Media Library that will be seen by end-users.
- Show Search: Allow visitors to search through the files in the Media Library.
- Show Description: Visitors will be able to see description for each file.
- Items Per Page: How many files should be shown per page.
Once added on a page, this is how the Media Library will be displayed (note that the "Add New File" button will appear only in Admin View of the page):
In order to insert files in the Media Library, click on the "Add New File" button. The following window will open:
- Source - Files can be browsed from the file system, or from the web.
- Name - Specify a name for the file.
- Icon - You can upload a custom icon that will appear next to the file's name.
- Description - Brief description of the file (it will appear under the file's name).
- File Order - You can change where the file is shown in the library by setting a file order. Number 1 means on the top.
- Date - You can specify a date for the file.
Once you have added files, here is how the Media Library will be displayed for end-users:
Customize the appearance of the Media Library
You can customize the background color of different sections of the Media Library from Control Panel> Media Library: